- Walking on a dog that's laying down isn't a good idea.
- People go away when you put your paws on them.
- Paws on the floor is a good thing - lots of cooing and petting happens when you do this.
- People really like it when you pee and poop outside.
- The crate takes some getting used to.
- Objects in his reach that aren't dog toys disappear the instant dog teeth touch them.
- Kongs are filled with food. And sometimes even a smear of peanut butter. Kongs are GOOD!
- Being quiet in the crate brings lots of soothing, calm attention.
- Barking in the crate makes people and all the dog friends leave the room.
- 8-week old puppy legs are clumsy.
- Water is useful: it tastes good, it cools you down, and it's fun to be in.
- A mouth can hold all kinds of stuff! Leaves, grass, toys, food, and even a leash!
There will be plenty o' updates daily now that the new guy is here. Maybe even twice daily updates! The rate that pups take in information is staggering - they have so much to learn! And believe it or not, they're learning whether you're teaching them or not. So you might as well spend a little time teaching the pup what you want him to know instead of trying to undo bad habits later.
A quick update on who is excited about the arrival of the new pup: just one dog is happy and that's Talos. The others have all told him very quickly that he's just a puppy and they are not even a little bit impressed. Nor are they wooed by his cuteness. In fact, I think they hold his cuteness against him a little bit. Except Talos, of course, who has always been entranced by the smaller dogs.
To be continued...