This is a tough week for me. It's the last of the lasts. The last weekend with Talos. The last Sunday, the last Monday, the last Tuesday...you get the picture.
Yesterday was difficult for me. I had just enough free time to think about the implications. I cried a few times.
But today's a new day.
And I hate to be the girl who ruins the remaining time we have together by thinking about how sad I'll be once Talos is at Service Dogs of Virginia.
I'll have plenty of time to be sad. I need to be happy. My T is still here, right now.
I need to be a glass half full girl.
Which I am. Usually. So I gave myself a little lecture this morning and decided that I'd have to just make myself be optimistic. Optimistic's better than pessimistic. It makes me happier to be optimistic.
So here's what I've come up with in my glass-half-full vision:
- Talos will love this new adventure: new dog-friends to meet and play with; new human-friends who will love him silly.
- Lots of new things to learn. His mind will be utilized to the fullest!
- Plenty of outings in public. No one loves being out in public more than Talos!
- Going back means he's one step closer to becoming a service dog - he'll change someone's life!
A couple other pluses:
- No more slobber hanging from the lights or the walls.
- There won't be any banging on the pantry door at 7:00a, 12:00p, and 5:00p -- reminding me that it's feeding time.
- The toilets will always be full - Talos won't use them as water bowls.
- I'll have my entire half of the bed back!